Friday, August 14, 2009

needs her own backyard and garden. now.

If there's one thing that I'm learning on my Pacific NW adventure, it's that everyone has superfresh, organic, locally-grown produce. Or at least everyone I'm encountering. This can be grown in your own backyard, purchased at the tiniest grocery store just down the street (and way cheaper than LA prices, I might add), bundled via your favorite CSA, or even delivered to your front doorstep every Tuesday morning.

Needless to say, I've been ODing on blueberries and heirloom tomatoes (perhaps the season is just a smidge later up here than in LA? if that's the case, let's migrate north according to harvesting season).

And no meal is complete without a sprinkling of fresh herbs. Yesterday, it was mint on everything. Green beans. Potatoes. You name it. Today, I thought I'd make hipcooks roasted pepper soup (part of their Healthy, Fresh, and Zingy class and quite possibly the best soup ever), and ek brought in a nice sampling of garden herbs for garnish. I'm not going to be able to name all of them, but it included basil, tarragon, chives, parsley, sage, rosemary...



And here's the leftover soup (yes, that's a quart container and yes, I made THAT much soup) garnished with a lovely sprig of sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment