Thursday, March 12, 2009

God bless fake TiVo.

Ok I need some recommendations on what to watch on Food Network. So, now that we've gotten to know each other a little better (over, you know, a week of blogging), I can only semi self-consciously admit to you that I used to watch Rachel Ray religiously. I got over her annoying quirks early on and really began to appreciate the quick simplicity of her meals. And, I have to admit, trying out her recipes got me into the kitchen during those just out of college years. That phase is over for me, however, and I have zero interest in watching that show anymore.

So as I'm beginning to re-program my DVR, I'm realizing that I really don't watch much Food Network anymore. I think it's because we're past that era of leaving the TV on a particular channel in the background. Or at least I seem to be. And I have been listening to more music and podcasts in the kitchen/living room areas. All of this leaves me without knowing which Food Network shows are worth watching and which ones aren't. Paula Deen, as much as I appreciate your zest for indulgence and the way you pronounce "oil", I don't think I'll ever cook with that much cheese and mayonnaise. So Paula, I'm sorry, but you're out of the picture. Others that I haven't been a fan of are Barefoot Contessa and Semi-Homemade. Not really sure why.

So, what should I watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment