Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sake it to me.

I made a quick stop at Nijiya Market after the gym to pick up some sushi essentials. I thought I'd give what I learned in Hipcooks a whirl. Plus, I had a ton of leftover rice from Sunday night's dinner party. (which turned out to be not so good of an idea to use... I thought I could revive the day old rice, but I was sadly mistaken, so let that be a lesson to you all. fresh rice.)

Ingredients:
rice
seasoned rice vinegar (the kind with salt and sugar already added) ($2)
tatami mat for rolling ($2)
avocado
sashimi grade salmon ($19.99/lb... I got about a .4 lb piece)
nori ($2)
wasabi and soy sauce

So this sushi dinner turned out to be fairly inexpensive... about $15 for what is pictured below, plus the ugly pieces (about the size of another large roll) and a quick sashimi appetizer (the pieces of salmon that I just had to snack on while rolling).

Et, voila! Sake maki, salmon and avocado cut roll, and something resembling a rainbow roll w/ the salmon on the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment