Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tender Greens, eat your heart out

Farmer's Market Sunday always inspires me to eat fresh multi-colored things that grow out of the ground (see also: vegetables). And Sundays are always grocery days for me, which means eat all the left over vegetables to make room for new ones in the fridge. So today, I brought those two together and made my ridiculously simple but oh-so-good staple.

Oven Roasted Vegetables
 


pictured here:
butternut squash (the already cut up kind from TJ's)
zucchini (farmer's market)
fennel (farmer's market)
red pepper (TJ's)
brussel sprouts (TJ's)
onion (farmer's market)
crimini mushrooms (TJ's)

slice/chop, arrange on baking sheet, drizzle with oil (Grapeseed for me these days), bake at 400deg for about 15 min. sprinkle with salt. cool, chop into smaller pieces, and serve with a fun starch (quinoa, pasta, etc.)

your body will thank you for it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment