Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tom Yumminess

When I'm under the weather, or in this case, whining like a baby because of a reflared back injury, I totally crave really tangy, clear broth. Lately it's been visiting the pho place on a multi-weekly basis. But this time, I wasn't about to hobble down to the car and off road to my pho (you can pick up in this back alley, which is really nice because you don't have to get out of the car, but you do have to drive over some potholes so cavernous they really should be considered man-made lakes).

So I raided my fridge. My week old basil caught my eye, and in a stroke of creative genius, somehow thought I could do a makeshift Tom Yum in 10 minutes or less. So here are the ingredients I tossed together, then brought to a boil, and lowered to a simmer for like 30 seconds. Then it was in a bowl and in my mouth. Not quite tom yum, but I'd have to say, it hit the spot.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment