Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I call it the "Healthy Bachelor"


Tyson and I are feeling a bit, um, generous around the midsection. In other words, we're tired of our guts and can't wait to get rid of them. So, it's Body for Life time. 6 small meals a day, balanced lean protein and good carbs, and throw in some veggies too.

So I threw this together after a quick TJ's run:

The Healthy Bachelor
1 lb ground turkey breast, 98% fat free
a swirl of grapeseed oil
about a cup of low sodium chicken broth
Southern Greens Blend (1/2 bag)
a handful of grape tomatoes
crimini mushrooms, whole, because I didn't feel like chopping them
and some leftover frozen cut sweet white corn

Toss is all together and simmer on med heat.

Topped it off with some "Napa Valley Grill Seasoning" that Tyson given me as a Northern California souvenir, and here we go. One healthy mo-fo of a meal.

I think of it as a bachelor meal because it requires zero prep (except open packages), zero babysitting at the stove, and only one pot/pan to clean. Tyson claims that no single guy would ever cook with these ingredients. So maybe I should call it the Healthy Bachelorette. Or just the Healthy Ang.

No comments:

Post a Comment