Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An unexpected side dish

I was having one of those really-wanna-cook-but-have-no-clue-what-to-make kind of evenings. Tyson and I had talked about some sort of fish and quinoa... you know, keepin' it light and healthy. Our options for a side dish were one or more of the following: white zucchini, crimini mushrooms, frozen sweet cut corn. So, I decided to throw them all together.

diced the zucchini
quartered the mushrooms
tossed them into a saute pan together w/ some olive oil
(revision for next time: saute zucchini on high heat first to avoid steaming them in the mushroom liquid. not a fan of steamed squash texture, though it tasted good)
added the frozen corn, quickly tossed, and served with a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lemon.

we thought it was an interesting collection of veggies. I wouldn't serve this at, you know, my dinner with the Queen, but it worked for a different little weeknight veggie side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment