Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ahi goodness.

 


Note: It's not that I need to take a class in food photography. It's just that when I make food, I really want to just eat it instantly. It takes a tremendous amount of willpower to try to go find the Nikon (or the MacBook w/ built-in camera and photobooth for that matter) and actually take a photo or two. It would take even more willpower to actually turn some decent lighting on or clear off a counter. That is willpower that I do not have.

So this was dinner for Tyson last night. Whole Foods had a promo yesterday where they would donate 5% of all proceeds to KCRW, so I thought I'd actually splurge a little at Whole Foods, rather than purchase my $1.99 Low-Sodium Chicken Broth and Pearled Barley and hightail out of there before I actually spend some real money. Their sashimi-grade ahi was just calling out to me. So I brought one home, rubbed two sides with grapeseed oil, dipped two sides in a combination of untoasted sesame seeds (white) and roasted sesame seeds (black) and coarse sea salt. Then I lightly seared both sides and sliced away. The dipping sauce is a combination of soy, rice vinegar, wasabi, scallions, and water. Drool, in that healthy namaste, aloha kind of way.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment