Monday, June 8, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

I've blogged about the protein pancake before, but it's such a huge part of my life, I thought I'd revisit this awesome breakfast.


See recipe

Tyson and I are going to hike up to Parker Mesa every weekend before Colorado. He's doing this so he's in somewhat decent shape to keep up with his 62 year old father on whichever 14er they wish to conquer this summer. I'm doing this so I can look like a skinny bitch this summer. You know, one of those girls who are fit and in shape but eat to their heart's desire? Yeah, them. I want to look like that. haha.

Our usual Sunday morning routine is roll out of bed and hit the Farmer's Market for for brunch. But this past Sunday, we woke up early, had some protein pancakes, schooled that hike, THEN made our way to the Farmer's Market. Early morning exertion like that just makes you crave healthier food. AND I actually took a photo of our breakfast. woohoo.

3 comments:

  1. I need to know an exact time line. And I'm probably going to need an invitation to the hike one of these Sundays (not this one though, 'cause I be cookin').

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeline for cooking or for our Sunday morning routine? :) I cook the pancakes on med heat, approx 2-3 min the first side (until you see bubbles) and 1-2 min the second side.

    And I will let you know when our next hike is! We unfortunately may show up at your place kind of sweaty and gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try these. Pancakes may be my favorite food on the planet.

    ReplyDelete